Monday 14 May 2012

The Desperate Housewives Stars, Then and Now

Sunday marks the end of road for the lovely ladies of Wisteria Lane. And what a road it's been. After eight seasons of drama, debauchery, tears and hilarity, ABC’s Desperate Housewives is coming to an end.

A lot has happened to the series' lovely stars, but time has been kind to the ladies. Check out a the photos of the show's core stars – Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria – when the series debuted (left) in 2004 and a new shot taken this year (right). They still look as sizzling as they day all the drama started.

While saying goodbye to Wisteria Lane isn't easy, Hatcher tells PEOPLE that embodying the role of Susan Mayer was "an opportunity that anyone would have been lucky to be a part of. I am at the top of the grateful list."

Here are a few thoughts from Hatcher and her fellow castmates about their years on the iconic show.

Teri Hatcher on her favorite episodes
"The show was so successful because even when the stories went off track, there were always moments to enjoy in different characters – even guest stars. The look of the first year was so great, so distinct, so specific. I loved the Bree [Marcia Cross's character] hair flip."

Felicity Huffman on what she’ll miss about her costars
"I find Eva really inspirational because she looks at the world and she asks, 'Can I help? I want to make it better.' She’s someone who is not frightened. I admire that. What I'll miss about Marcia is her big heart. She's very loving. And Teri, I'll miss her professionalism and the way that she has a great mind for business.”

Marcia Cross on what's next for her
"There are so many things I want to do but it's really about the people in my mind that I've neglected, though they don't necessarily feel that way. I've already promised my daughters [twins Eden and Savannah, 5] that wherever they go to school next year I will be the class mom in some way, shape or form."

Eva Longoria on the show's instant success
"I knew we were a hit when we were booked on Oprah and we hadn’t even aired yet. We were on billboards and dry cleaning bags, and you couldn't go anywhere without seeing our faces. I remember Helen Hunt telling me, ‘Never forget this time. There's nothing like the birth of a hit.' That time, the birth of a hit is rare, and it's better than any award."

No comments:

Post a Comment